Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yogurt Fruit Smoothies



Into a blender:

1/2 cup homemade plain yogurt
+
1/4 cup milk
+
1/2 cup frozen mango
+
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
+
1 banana
+
1 teaspoon ground flax seed

Blend until smooth. This is another favorite afternoon snack around here or for breakfast along with a soft-boiled egg and soldiers. I used to add a couple teaspoons honey until I realized that it's sweet enough without. If you'd like your
smoothie sweeter, just add a little squeeze of honey in there before blending.

I'm working on a post about the yogurt making, so please stay tuned. I just want to perfect my method first. :)



P.S. Have you seen these stainless steel straws??? I want some so badly! I hate buying anything disposable, so I'd love to get these for our smoothies and lassis intead of using plastic. They are so on my wish list.

2 comments:

  1. That looks YUM!

    Josh is the smoothie master in our house, he's got a whole system down...and Sofia loves them now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the glass ones? I always worry about getting them clean again after, lol.

    ReplyDelete