Friday, April 2, 2010

Michael Pollan


While waiting for my turn to check-out The Omnivore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food, both by Michael Pollan, I'm having a great time reading all of the articles he's written for The New York Times. They are brilliant! The articles are all quite long, but you should really go at least read a couple. They are full of so much good information and are really thought-provoking!

A few of my favorites so far:

Big Food vs. Big Insurance
Out of the Kitchen, Onto the Couch
When a Crop Becomes King
Power Steer

Please go read! I'm working my way through all of them.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! Excited to check them out. Thanks for the good info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I read a couple and really enjoyed them. Hope to get back to the others when I have more time. BTW, I LOVE the egg picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! i've already been doing a bunch of reading and last night ryan and i went out so i could outline my new plan to him and all of this stuff sounds awesome! more to read, more to learn! i'm so excited about all of this and i love that you started this blog! plus, i love that picture of the eggs. i wish i took it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get Michael Pollan's books, but I'm so so happy that he has all of these articles on his website to tide me over.

    Miriam, that's so great! I'm really excited that you're really excited! Yay!

    I'll tell John that you guys love the egg photo. I do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog, and as my family is going through some of the same things you are right now it's a good resource for me! I'm currently writing Michael Pollan's "Food Rules" on my blog.....one rule everyday, and I'm halfway through The Omnivore's Dilemma and am loving it! Michael Pollan is fantastic, and I will check out the links you have for his essays. Cheers! http://geetabean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete