Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Loving


Did you forget about me? Here I am! The month of May just whipped past and left me spinning in its wake. I'll try to better about posting from now on.

Summer seems to finally be here and as much as I complain about the hot weather, I am LOVING all of the new fruits and veggies that are showing up at the farmers market and in our CSA box. The sugar snap peas were here and gone in a flash but I enjoyed every second, as with the asparagus. My favorites in the last couple weeks have been beets, cherries, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, tomatoes and we even just got our first taste of blackberries thanks to some generous friends who have a grandma with a blackberry bush.

A local pick-your-own farm has blueberries ready for harvesting and we will be all over that sometime this week or weekend. I am so excited -- it's one of my favorite times of the year, not to mention a certain 2.5 year old boy who is obsessed with blueberries!

I must go take the granola out of the oven but I'll be back soon with all kind of new goodies. In the meantime, eat good food!

3 comments:

  1. I am jealous of all your delicious fruits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to more posts :). I am jealous of the blueberry farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know when you go berry picking. I want to go too! Our weekend is free for once and we don't have much going on this week either.

    ReplyDelete