Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some Favorite Blogs Regarding Food

Just wanted to tell you all about a couple of blogs that I'm obsessed with right now. Reading through their archives is keeping me from finishing the books I desperately need to finish before they are due back to the library.

The first one is Fed Up With Lunch: The School Lunch Project. It is written by a public school teacher (I think middle school) who is annoymously documenting the lunch kids are being served everyday for the entire school year. It's really interesting and disturbing. There are also lots of guest blogs from all kinds of people -- other teachers, teachers in other countries (the guest bloggers from France and Japan are fascinating! Such a contrast with the US), other people who have anything to do with food service or moms trying to change food served in their own kids' schools. Apparently, she's pretty internet-famous! And she even got a call from Jamie Oliver himself, who just wanted to chat!

The other is Dissertation to Dirt "The story of a former PhD-track graduate student and her new fiancee, Travis, who decided to leave behind an emergent life in Boston to pursue a career in organic farming."

Go check them out! I have a few more to share, but I want to get back to reading. :)

7 comments:

  1. Another good one is The Complete Patient (http://www.thecompletepatient.com/), he wrote a book about raw milk and talks a lot about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those! I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cara Lou, thanks a lot for the mention. Your blog inspired me to pick up a copy of the Unhealthy Truth, which I am thoroughly enjoying right now. Is it alright if I link you on my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep up this blog please? you're a shining example to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cara, I just found your blog via the Little Red House, and I love it! I'm a college student, studying food and nutrition, and everything you are doing here is so important. I look forward to see where cooking from scratch takes you.

    Thanks for the great links, and the book reviews. I've read many of them but there are some new ones I'd like to try.

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neysa, sorry it took so long for me to respond. But yes, I'd love if you'd link to me! Thanks a lot.

    Thanks to the rest of you, your encouragement keeps me motivated to keep up the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete