Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheese Ravioli with Browned Butter and Sage Sauce

Hello, easiest dinner ever.




1 package of Trader Joe's cheese ravioli
3 Tablespoons butter
3 sage leaves
1/4 cup good Parmesan, grated

Cook ravioli according to package directions. While that's cooking, brown butter over medium-high heat. Add sage leaves. Reduce heat to low and stir around until ravioli is done cooking. Drain pasta (don't shake off all the water) and add to browned butter. Toss to coat. Add Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.

I served along with a giant salad of romaine, oranges, shallots and parsley dressed with olive oil, white wine vinegar and white balsamic and a pinch of sea salt. Also, roasted broccoli with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper.

I wish I could just keep eating and eating.

Side note: I absolutely love finding little live critters in my produce. It's so exciting to me to see evidence that I'm eating REAL LIVING food instead of food that has not only grown in sterile soil, but been sprayed while it's growing and also irradiated when it's packaged. I'll raise the roof to that!

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic! I don't have Trader Joe's so I'll have to use another brand of cheese ravioli. I can't share your excitement about living things in the produce after my childhood trauma of finding a big green caterpillar in the salad on my plate at a restaurant in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete